|Calendar of Upcoming
- MEETING CANCELLED BECAUSE OF VENTURA FIRES.
9, 2018 ,
Marie Callender's, Ventura. The November meeting of the
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. Chapter, Sons of the American
Revolution (SAR) will convene at 11:30 a.m., Friday, 9 November
2018, in the Marie Callender's Restaurant Garden Room, 1295
S. Victoria Ave, Ventura. (map).
Knight Essay Contest
about the 2017-2018 contest is available here.
the Patton Chapter
The General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the California Society
of the Sons of the American Revolution is dedicated to patriotic,
historical, and educational activities, including the perpetuation
of the memory of those who, by their services or sacrifices during
the war of the American Revolution, achieved the independence
of the American people.
The Sons of the American Revolution was established to
- unite and promote fellowship among the descendants of American
- inspire those descendants and the community at large with
a more profound reverence for the principles of the government
founded by our forefathers;
- encourage historical research in relation to the American
- acquire and preserve the records of the individual services
of the patriots of the war, as well as documents, relics, and
- mark the scenes of the Revolution by appropriate memorials;
- celebrate the anniversaries of the prominent events of the
war and of the Revolutionary period;
- foster true patriotism;
- maintain and defend the institutions of American freedom,
- carry out the purposes expressed in the preamble of the Constitution
of our country and the injunctions of Washington in his farewell
address to the American people.
WHAT AREA DO WE SERVE? -- The Patton Chapter serves
Western Los Angeles and Ventura counties, including the communities
of Calabasas, Camarillo, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Fillmore, Hidden
Hills, Malibu, Ojai, Oxnard, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, Thousand
Oaks, Topanga, Topanga Beach, Ventura, West Hills, and Westlake
Village, California. The Chapter typically conducts a business lunch
on the second Friday of each month.
WANT TO JOIN? -- For information on the requirements
for membership in the SAR, the sort of documentation required to
support the line of descent, and the steps in the application process,
see the National
SAR membership page. You may also contact directly the Patton
COMMUNITY OUTREACH -- The Patton Chapter provides
a number of community services, including:
- Youth Programs : The Chapter sponsors several
programs designed to instill and maintain greater patriotic
sentiments among the youth of Ventura County, including:
- Color Guard: Each year uniformed Chapter
members participate in color guard activities, including the
of Massing of the Colors in observance of Washington's birthday,
Veterans Day, and other civic occasions.
- Veterans Affairs: Under the leadership of
Compatriot Col. Robert Colbern, Chapter members collect clothing,
books and other items for donation to the Veteran Administration
Hospital in Prescott, Arizona.
AUXILIARY--The Patton Chapter
participates in the Ladies Auxiliary program; for further information
contact Rose Marie Risley at (805) 647-0751.