|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The July 2000 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CSSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, June 14, 2000. The meeting was called to order by Vice President John Bayles at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Eight Compatriots were present: John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joe Coffman, O. B. Dutton, Robert Nedry, Ronald Risley, and Jay C. Wood. Three guests present were: Krista Cordell, Alicia Elliott, and Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, Vice President Bayles reconvened the meeting at 12:52 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program.
First, Krista Cordell and Compatriot Budroe presented information on the lives of the Signers of the U.S. Declaration of Independence, many of whom suffered because of their brave resistance to British tyranny.
Next, Compatriot Wood shared his recorded remarks delivered to the graduating class of Las Colinas School.
Finally, Compatriot Risley reported on the valedictory of Gen. Anthony Zuni, USMC, summarizing the important influences on his generation's military service and commenting on our country's current state of military readiness.
Following the program, the Chapter conducted its Business Meeting.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the June 2000 meeting were submitted and approved as perfected.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Reports for May and June, 2000, were approved, subject to audit.
- Good Citizenship Essay Competition: Compatriot Nedry reported that the recent awards ceremonies went well and were reported in the local media.
- Veterans' Affairs: Compatriot Nedry announced that there will be a Ventura County Veterans' Stand Down at the Ventura College Football Field, July 28-30.
- There were no other committee reports.
- There was no old business.
After the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned at 2:15 p.m. Our next meeting will be held on August 11, 2000, in the Bard Mansion Library.
- Moorpark Country Days Parade: Compatriot Budroe suggested that the Chapter Color Guard participate in the ceremony, scheduled for September 30. There will be a $10 entry fee and requirement for proof of insurance, which is available from the State Society. Compatriots agreed that we should participate.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.