|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The January 2001 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Library of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, January 12, 2001. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, members and guests adjourned to the buffet for lunch. Six Compatriots were present: President Hamilton, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Ronald Risley, and Jay C. Wood. One guest was present: Rosemarie Risley.
Following lunch, President Hamilton reconvened the meeting at 12:45 p.m. and proceeded immediately into the program.
Compatriot John Bayles delivered a presentation on his Patriot ancestor, Barnabus Alden of Massachusetts, a direct descendant of John Alden, who came to Plymouth on the Mayflower in 1620.
Following the program, the Chapter conducted its Business Meeting.
- President's Report: Compatriot Hamilton will be absent for the February 2001 meeting; Vice President Bayles will conduct that meeting. President Hamilton will present the program for our March 2001 meeting.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the November and December 2000 meetings were submitted and approved as perfected.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for November and December 2000 were approved, subject to audit.
- Eagle Scout Courts of Honor: Compatriots Risley and Wood will attend various local Eagle Scout Courts of Honor in December and January. Compatriot Wood nominated Kent D. Young, Newbury Park, as Chapter Eagle Scout of the Year. Scout Young was selected by acclamation.
- Color Guard: A Massing of the Colors in honor of Gen. George Washington's Birthday will be conducted on Sunday, February 18, at Forest Lawn Cemetery. The Chapter Color Guard will participate.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.