|California Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The December 2001 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the Bard Room of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, December 14, 2001. The meeting was called to order by President Hale Hamilton at 12:05 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, the business of the meeting was suspended and the Compatriots and their guests enjoyed a Christmas celebration. Nine Compatriots were present: President Hamilton, John Bayles, Alan D. Buckley, Frank Budroe, Joe Coffman, Don Montgomery, James Morrow, Ronald Risley, and Jay C. Wood. Guests included: Willette Budroe, Robert Coburn, Patty Coffman, Shirley Hamilton, Patti Montgomery and her mother, Agnes, and Rosemarie Risley.
Following a Christmas meal, Compatriot Buckley read a message about the Crossing of the Delaware River by General Washington's forces on December 25, 1776.
- Member Initiation: James Morrow was initiated into the Sons of the American Revolution by Compatriot Risley.
- Installation of Officers: Compatriot Budroe installed the following individuals were installed as Chapter Officers for 2002.
- President and Registrar Jay C. Wood
- Vice President and Treasurer Ron Risley
- Chaplain Frank Budroe
- Historian Joe Coffman
- Secretary Alan D. Buckley
- Chapter Awards:
- SAR Bronze Good Citizenship Medals (Co-compatriots of the Year): Frank Budroe and John Bayles
- SAR Meritorious Service Medals: Alan D. Buckley and Jay C. Wood
- Outstanding Citizenship Awards: Don Montgomery, Murray Rickman, and John Spencer
- Certificate of Meritorious Service: William Graney
- The Martha Washington Medal: Willette Budroe
- Bronze Good Citizenship Medal: Hale Hamilton, in recognition of his service to the SAR and the Chapter.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.