|California Society of
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
Minutes of the
The November 2003 meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter of the CASSAR was held in the upstairs banquet room of the Berylwood Officers Club on Friday, November 14, 2003. The meeting was called to order by Chapter President J. Stephen Hurst at 12:00 p.m. Following the Invocation, Pledge of Allegiance, and SAR Pledge, President Hurst awarded Ventura County Sherriff Officer Christopher Godfrey the SAR Law Enforcement Commendation medal. After the award ceremony, members and guests adjourned to the buffet. Seven Compatriots were present: President Hurst, John Bayles, Frank Budroe, Alan D. Buckley, Joseph Coffman, Don Wooldridge, and Ronald Risley. Seven guests were present: Ventura County Sheriff Bob Brooks, Officer Bruce McDowell, Oficer and Mrs. Godfrey, Officer Craig Husband, Willette Budroe, and Rosemarie Risley. President Hurst reconvened the meeting at 1:00 p.m.
Following the luncheon, Compatriot Risley made a presentation of Revolutionary "news bulletins" drawn from the month of November.
- Secretary: The Minutes of the October 2003 meeting were submitted and approved, as perfected.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer's Report for October 2003 was approved, subject to audit.
- Registrar: Compatriot Risley reported that eight new memberships were approved in 2003. One application has been returned for more information, one application is pending a signature, and six new applications are under review. The Chapter also accepted a member transferring from another chapter and a previous member has been reinstated.
- DAR Joint Meeting: Daughters of the American Revolution will join the Patton Chapter at our January meeting, the location of which is still being decided. President Hurst is making arrangements with Pat Griffin. The Patton Chapter may award Medal of Appreciation and Daughters of Liberty awards to the Daughters.
- December Program: Larry Magerkurth has confirmed that he will make a presentation on colonial tools for our December meeting.
- Installation of New Members: President Hurst administered the oath of membership to Don Wooldridge.
- Nominations Committee: Nominees for the 2004 officers are: Stephen Hurst, president; Richard Hawley, vice-president; Bob Taylor, secretary; Ronald Risley, registrar and treasurer; Frank Budroe, chaplain; Joseph Coffman, historian. Compatriot Risley moved and Buckley seconded to close the nominations; approved unanimously. Compatriots Risley moved and Buckley seconded to elect the nominees by acclamation; approved unanimously.
- Christmas Decorations : Compatriots Risely moved and Buckley seconded a motion to appropriate $100 to purchase decorations for the Chapter's Christmas celebration. Approved unanimously.
After the program and the SAR Recessional and Benediction, the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Alan D. Buckley, Chapter Secretary.