|California Society of
Sons of the American Revolution
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter
The regular monthly luncheon meeting of the General George S. Patton, Jr., Chapter SAR was held Friday, 12 January 2007, in the Garden Room of Marie Callender’s Restaurant, 1295 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura, CA. The meeting was called to order by Chapter President Henry with Compatriot Frank Budroe giving the Invocation, Compatriot Ward White led the Pledge to the Flag, and Compatriot Steve Hurst led the Pledge to the SAR. Following the pledge and invocation the members adjourned for lunch. In attendance were eight compatriots: President Bill Henry, Ward White, Richard Hawley, Steve Hurst, Ron Risley, Frank Budroe, Hale Hamiliton, and Richard Caldwell. The three guests included Mrs. Shirley Hamilton, Mrs. Rosemarie Risley and Mrs. Willette Budroe. President Hawley reconvened the meeting following the luncheon.
The chapter recessed for a quasi meeting as a Committe of the Whole chaired by Compatriot Bill Henry. Many suggestions for improving chapter operations were discussed in the open forum. The suggestions were taken under advisement to be further considered by the Executive Committee of the Chapter before being offered to the Chapter members for their action.
REPORTS: Reports were given by the following officers:
- In the absence of the secretary, President Henry gave the secretary’s report including the minutes of the chapter meeting on December 8. The minutes were approved as corrected.
- Chapter Treasurer Richard Caldwell gave the financial report. As of January 12, 2007 the chapter had a total of $11,063.37 deposited in the Bank of America. On a motion and a second the report was approved.
- Registrar’s Report was given by Registrar Ron Risley. New Member Frank Lindley Henry’s application was approved on December 20, 2006. A supplemental application was approved as follows: Robert Taylor (Michael Ohair) on September 8, 2006. Supplemental applications being processed included: Richard McMullen (Jonathan Dennis) received NSSAR on December 8, 2006; Steven Colbern (Andrew Lyda) received NSSAR on January 2, 2007; Hale Hamilton (Peter Todd) received NSSAR on September 29, 2006 and additional documentation requested on January 4, 2007; Hale Hamilton (Isham Lane) received at NSSAR and pended on January 9, 2007 until Peter Todd application is cleared.
- Bill Henry reported that six essays had been received to be considered for the current competition in Knight Essay. As chairman, he appointed Ward White and Ron Risley to join him in evaluating the essays to select a winner. Ron Risley was directed to prepare the certificates for the students who had competed in the contest.
- No report had been received from the Santa Barbara Chapter concerning the Fall State Meeting. Compatriot Risley had expressed his concern about this to State Executive VP Karl Jacobs.
- The chapter color guard was requested to participate in the Massing of the Colors on Febrary 18, 2007, at the Hollywood Hills Forest Lawn Memorial Park. President Henry appointed Steve Hurst as cordinator for the event.
The next regular Chapter meeting will be convened in the Garden Room at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 9, 2007. President Henry directed a change in times to get the business part of the meeting out of the way before the luncheon, and follow the luncheon with the program “Patton: A Study in Leadership” presented by Colonel Robert J. Colbern, U. S. Army (Retired)
The meeting was adjourned following the SAR recessional and the benediction.
Respectfully submitted by,
Ronald D. Risley
for Robert L. Taylor, Chapter Secretary.